Man Gives Old Shelter Dogs Free Haircuts So They Can Finally Find Homes

Share on Google+

Senior shelter dogs need to be loved just as much as the youngsters. Sadly, their age and often unkempt appearances leave them invisible in the eyes of many. Mark Imhof, a professional dog groomer, is on a mission to change that. He visits Animal Care Centers of NYC to give old dogs free baths and haircuts so they could finally find a home.

Imhof was inspired by his fiancée. “She didn’t want to see me go for another soulless job, and she saw the joy I had when I interacted with our animals,” says Imhof. “I have seen such transformations in almost all the dogs and it is so uplifting and I KNOW they will pay that love forward to their future forever homes,” he added.

More info: markthedogguy.comInstagram | Facebook (h/t: thedodo)

Mark Imhof, a former businessman, is now on a mission to make senior shelter dogs more adoptable

barber-gives-free-haircuts-shelter-dogs-mark-imhof-3

Older dogs with unkempt hair have a little chance of finding forever homes

barber-gives-free-haircuts-shelter-dogs-mark-imhof-1

So, inspired by his fiancée, Imhof visits Animal Care Centers of NYC to give them free haircuts

barber-gives-free-haircuts-shelter-dogs-mark-imhof-27

The before-and-after shots show what a difference a nice haircut can make!

barber-gives-free-haircuts-shelter-dogs-mark-imhof-38

“She didn’t want to see me go for another soulless job, and she saw the joy I had when I interacted with our animals”

barber-gives-free-haircuts-shelter-dogs-mark-imhof-39

Imhof and his fiancée remembered how dirty their shelter dogs were before adopting them

barber-gives-free-haircuts-shelter-dogs-mark-imhof-47

“Sean was my first shelter dog, and when they brought him to me, he was on the unadoptable list because of behavior issues”

barber-gives-free-haircuts-shelter-dogs-mark-imhof-43

“Of course, I explain to people, if we were to mat your hair, and then ask you to go do a job, you would probably have behavior issues too”

barber-gives-free-haircuts-shelter-dogs-mark-imhof-48

“So I worked through and he became the most adorable guy”

barber-gives-free-haircuts-shelter-dogs-mark-imhof-42

“I have seen such transformations in almost all the dogs and it is so uplifting”

barber-gives-free-haircuts-shelter-dogs-mark-imhof-40

“I KNOW they will pay that love forward to their future forever homes”

barber-gives-free-haircuts-shelter-dogs-mark-imhof-16

Share on Google+

 

Enjoying This? Please Share It!

Don't show again. Close

We really like you, like us back?