Bride Breaks Tradition And Gets Married In Black Wedding Dress

Share on Google+

Australian blogger and loving mother Sophie Cachia decided to do something different for her wedding. Instead of getting married wearing a traditional, white wedding gown, she opted for a stunning black dress, while her husband, Jaryd, wore a maroon dinner jacket with a paisley shirt, black bow tie, and leather pants. The Cachias say that they did it for themselves, but Sophie is even more candid in her explanation:

“The first thing I must state is that my choice had NOTHING to do with the old ‘white wedding dresses are for virgins,’” Cachia told Motherish. “Evidently though, my 18-month-old son Bobby is proof that that boat sailed years ago. I only assume that throughout my experiences and knowledge of our generation that if only virgins wore white, we’d be seeing more of an array of multi-coloured brides.”

More info: theyoungmummy.com.au | Instagram (h/t: themotherish)

Sophie Cachia didn’t want to get married like everyone else

black-wedding-dress-sophie-cachia-anthony-montesano-signor-mont-couture-8

“The thing was though, I never saw myself in those white dresses”

black-wedding-dress-sophie-cachia-anthony-montesano-signor-mont-couture-5

“My choice had NOTHING to do with the old ‘white wedding dresses are for virgins’”

black-wedding-dress-sophie-cachia-anthony-montesano-signor-mont-couture-1

“Black is classic. It looks good on just about everyone. It’s bold, it’s sexy, it’s daring.”

black-wedding-dress-sophie-cachia-anthony-montesano-signor-mont-couture-21

“My now husband suggested I wear black when we first got engaged”

black-wedding-dress-sophie-cachia-anthony-montesano-signor-mont-couture-67

“We don’t do anything by the book”

black-wedding-dress-sophie-cachia-anthony-montesano-signor-mont-couture-6

“We didn’t see the point in doing anything traditional because traditional simply isn’t us”

black-wedding-dress-sophie-cachia-anthony-montesano-signor-mont-couture-29

“Our ‘wedding’ was simply a big party bash, where we served pizza and paella”

black-wedding-dress-sophie-cachia-anthony-montesano-signor-mont-couture-10

“I’ve been completely blown away by the positive response my gown”

black-wedding-dress-sophie-cachia-anthony-montesano-signor-mont-couture-27

“If I cared about people’s opinions and judgements, I wouldn’t have made such a move in the first place”

black-wedding-dress-sophie-cachia-anthony-montesano-signor-mont-couture-16

But “I didn’t do it for anyone else but myself and Jaryd”

black-wedding-dress-sophie-cachia-anthony-montesano-signor-mont-couture-19

“I simply see it as me wearing exactly what I wanted to on my wedding day, not what I thought I had to wear”

black-wedding-dress-sophie-cachia-anthony-montesano-signor-mont-couture-66

Watch a video of the wedding below:

Jaryd + Sophie – Highlight Film from Life in Light Films on Vimeo.

Share on Google+

 

Enjoying This? Please Share It!

Don't show again. Close

We really like you, like us back?